Frequently Asked Questions
The next launch will be in Spring 2018. Date TBD. Manifest is completed and we will know specific launch date in the Oct/Nov timeframe.
Data will be returned within 30 business days of the launch barring any unforeseen circumstances or events .
In general, schools starting in the fall will need to have their experiment completed by mid-December of that year. This allows the Quest engineering team to provide all the required mission critical quality and safety testing.
– LEGO Mindstorms coding platform
– Experiment Manual
– 40+/- hours of licensed content/curriculum for up to 30 students
– Portal access
– 24/7 technical support
– Access to other developers/partners (best practices, shared experiences, community building, etc.)
Your experiment is uploaded and run on the ISS with data feedback
– 24/7 support
– NASA safety review
– NanoLab Experiment management hardware platform
– Flight up to the ISS
– Return flight from the ISS
– All data logs
Heat Absorption and Radiation – This experiment will investigate basic heat absorption and radiation properties of different colored materials.
Natural Convection – This experiment will investigate heating and cooling effects from natural air convection, based upon heat transfer due to movement of air.
Forced Convection – experiment will investigate heating and cooling effects from forced air convection.
Conduction – This experiment will investigate the cooling effects from conduction
Heat and Humidity – This experiment will investigate the relative humidity decrease from exposure of air inside the sealed cube to a desiccant.
There are two supplemental modules on heat transfer by conduction and radiation as well. Additionally, other supplemental materials include a plethora of space science modules, heat transfer, internal energy, thermodynamics, the ideal gas law, circuitry, electricity, magnetism, and the conservation of different types of energy.
– Team selection and project management
– Basic electronics
– Scientific method
– Flight Unit: We will endeavor to get the experiment run once a replacement manifest and payload can be secured.
– Custom Flight Unit: In the unlikely event of an unfortunate accident we recommend that each school looks into insuring their investment.
– Grants – links to a few we are aware of are provided below:
– Parents and relatives
– Local corporations
– Local science clubs